Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

What a fun day Valentine's Day was this year. We started off our day with pink heart shaped wheat pancakes. Elsie ate breakfast so well that day. I guess the fun shape and pink color makes all the difference:) We went to the Grand America to look at all of their windows and play in the courtyard. Here are all of the Woodward grand kids at the sweet shop at the Grand America.
Tried to take some pictures with the kiddos and not one worked out... but this picture pretty much sums how interested my kids were in taking pictures that day.

Justin's sister, Teri, did such a sweet thing for us. Her husband, Regan, was going to be out of town so Teri made a crappy situation into something good (especially for others). We usually do not go out for Valentines because we do not want to ask other people to watch our kids because obviously they are celebrating themselves or should be celebrating:) Teri had a grand kids Valentines party that she went to a lot of work for. We were so excited to have a night to ourselves. Justin and I had talked about going out to dinner and then I received a text that afternoon from Justin to be home at 6:00. When I got home he had made a king crab dinner, with steak, steamed green beans, sourdough bread, and sparkling cider. He had seriously thought of every detail down to music, bouquet of flowers, a table cloth, using our china, and so many other sweet details. We had such an enjoyable night and very much appreciated Teri for watching our kids.
I am so grateful for Justin and his effort in making our Valentine's Day so special. I was so impressed! Everything he made was wonderful! I keep telling him he needs to cook more because he did such a great job, but he does not have any desire to. I love him so much and am so grateful for the hard worker he is. He has done so much for our family! We love him:)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

angie!!! thank you! yes I am very excited to serve a mission. your kids are adorable!!!