Not much has been going on around here. One thing that we seem to do a lot of around here is cooking together. We were making ice cream and brownies and I have found that Elsie and Boston love brownie batter and cookie dough. My kids love to help with every single step of the way except washing the dishes with soap... instead they seem to clean it with their fingers and lick it until it is clean. Don't worry after they are done I use the soap:)
We have a little routine that seems to happen whenever I cook something. Everytime I start mixing something up using my Kitchen Aid or just a mixing bowl my kids dart for the kitchen. Boston always pushes a chair towards the counter and then Elsie and Boston both fight over who gets to stand on the chair.....Elsie usually wins since she is bigger. So I bring over another chair for Boston. These kids seriously love spending time in the kitchen. These are the times I know I will miss once my kids are grown up. I have many memories in the kitchen with my mom and sister Alison, but especially when we would make rolls. I learned how to make rolls just by helping them in the kitchen. Elsie already loves to help me make rolls. She is actually getting really good at rolling them up. I hope my kids will remember these fun times we spend in the kitchen. Even though they make cooking take a lot longer and make big messes it is worth it.
For St. Patrick's Day that morning I made green eggs and milk. Elsie absolutely loved it and ate it all....Boston on the other hand would not even touch the eggs. I made me laugh because they are so different when it comes to their little personalities. For dinner I decided to go with all of the natural green foods. We ate seamed broccoli, green jello (almost natural right?:), spinach salad, garlic and parsley chicken, and again green milk. It went over great with the kids. I just forgot to take a picture of dinner. Elsie kept asking questions about leprachans all day. It is so fun to celebrate every little holiday with the kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment