Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a fun weekend

I have to say this weekend has been absolutely gorious except for the fact that Justin was out of town! I love when we start getting some warmer days after a cold long winter. We played outside swinging, going down the slide, drawing with sidewalk chalk, Elsie riding her trike, and Boston pushing on his truck, making obstacle courses, and all sorts of fun things. The spring for me gets me so excited to be outside. Saturday was especially fun because I was able to watch Boston enjoy our backyard just like Elsie does. Last summer Boston was not walking so really this is all new to him. Boston learned to walk after Thanksgiving when he was 19 months. He has such a chill personality so he seems to enjoy just watching what everyone else is doing. He loved running up and down our little hill so much. You would have thought he was at a jungle gym! I am so grateful that he can enjoy being mobile! Boston was just watching everyone else for so long and just waiting to make his debut. He is so fun to watch because he plays so much differently than Elsie. He definitely plays more like a boy! We decided to get ready for Valentine's Day by making cupcake pops and chocolate dipped strawberries (Justin's favorite treat.)

Ashalon, a friend of mine in our ward is really so amazing in numerous ways. She planned a cupcake decorating party for all who wanted to come in the neighborhood. It was so much fun.




2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE the cupcake pops! Darling! How did you make them? Sounds like a fun Valentines' Day. :)

Angie said...

I made the pops by making cupcakes and freezing them. Take our one cupcake out of the freezer at a time because they thaw super fast. I bought and melted the candy melts that come in a bag. Next I smashed half a cupcake in a ball, put it on a stick, dipped into the melt, put sprinkles on, and let them dry. It was super fun and delicious. The chocolate stayed together much easier than the white cake:)