Sunday, October 2, 2011

7th Wedding Anniversary

This year for our 7th Wedding Anniversary we seriously had an amazing weekend. Justin definitely out did himself and spoiled me like crazy. We had the opportunity to stay at The Grand America Friday night just us two and Saturday night with our kids. Justin made reservations and Flemings Steakhouse and got movies tickets to see Contagion that night. Dinner was delicious!!!! The next morning Justin surprised me again with a couples massage! He is hooked on massages now:) Afterwards we went to lunch for sushi at the Happy Sumo. Really really good as well and then we did some shopping basically just at the Buckle. No we did not have wine!!! Justin just thought the bottle was cool because it was so big!
As we were headed back to our hotel Justin had an idea to stop at the Wells Fargo building since we had our reception there. We tried a lot of doors to get in and finally found one door open. We got in the elevator to head up to the 23rd floor and the elevator went up and then stopped. Ok so a little side note here.... Ever since I was little I had an extreme fear of elevators. I slowly got over it with time, but still have a big fear of getting stuck in an elevator. When the elevator stopped nothing happened. I started to panic right away. I guess since it was after hours the doors would not open. We were able to go back down and once the elevator doors opened I had a major sigh of relief. A worker there ended up swiping his employee card and let us get out on the 23rd floor. He did not speak English, but I think he could tell we wanted to get up to the top and he did not care really what we did. We walked around the room where our reception was and reminisced about that special day. Looking out over the grand view of the city I felt overwhelmed with gratitude for Justin and how blessed we have been in our life so far.

Our room at Grand America.
Later that day Chris and Heidi dropped off our kids. Thank you guys so much for taking care of our kiddos! We were so grateful to have a night with and without our kids. We took them swimming and the next day we went to brunch at the Little America. Oh it was so delicious. We definitely had some amazing food this weekend! Afterwards we walked around temple square. We were able to listen to conference as we walked around the grounds. Seriously, the spirit there was so strong! I felt so emotional and was very grateful to be there with my family. As we stood here I remembered that Justin and I stood here in this very place 7 years ago. Now with two kids later, our family has changed and I am grateful for our life and for the good and bad memories we have had in 7 years. We have grown and become closer and gone through many experiences to help each other mold into the people we want to become.
I love these two kids so much!





Elsie is really into taking pictures. She wanted to take a picture of us three. I just love Boston's smile:)


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Your hair is so cute dark. I love it. You look great. Happy Anniversary...Miss u!