Our adorable Elsie turned 3 on November 8th. This girl is absolutely hilarious. Elsie has quite the personality. She is completely obsessed with wearing "beautiful dresses," dancing, reading books, making her mom and dad laugh out loud all of the time with her comments. Elsie is an absolute joy to have around. She always keeps things interesting and fun. I am so grateful to be her mother.
For Elsie's birthday she got Ariel movie figurines, an outfit, and a Disney's Cinderella Castle that came with all of the princesses and all of the main toys of each princess movie. She loved it!

Elsie told me about six months before her 3rd birthday that she wanted an Ariel birthday party. So I had a lot of time to plan her party. I made message in a bottle invitations, which I did not get a picture of. I made a Red Velvet Ariel cake. This was actually the easiest birthday cake I have made thus far. Every other birthday cake I tend to have better ideas but I usually cannot get those ideas on the cake looking good. This cake I thought actually turned out pretty good.



I made a little felt fishing game for the kids. I seriously spent almost an entire day making these darn little ocean creatures and the magnets were not strong enough inside so the game did not work as well as planned:( Oh well. It was the thought that counts right;)





I made a little felt fishing game for the kids. I seriously spent almost an entire day making these darn little ocean creatures and the magnets were not strong enough inside so the game did not work as well as planned:( Oh well. It was the thought that counts right;)


During her party she decided she needed to wear a beautiful dress. So hence the reason she is in a full on Sunday dress for her birthday party. That is actually what she does about every day. She wakes up and begs me to get a dress down for her so she can be a "beautiful princess."
Justin surprised Elsie with an Ariel pinata. We borrowed a little plastic bat from the Marlors and I think it took about 15o hits to break it. Finally Aunt Teri made a real crack with her good hitting technique :) helping the kids to actually get candy out. 
Elsie was spoiled with so many fun presents from our families. Thank you all!
Elsie was so excited about her birthday cake. I think the blue jello (for the ocean water) around the cake was one of her favorite parts. She got so excited when we sang Happy Birthday to her.

Elsie was spoiled with so many fun presents from our families. Thank you all!
Elsie was so excited about her birthday cake. I think the blue jello (for the ocean water) around the cake was one of her favorite parts. She got so excited when we sang Happy Birthday to her.



1 comment:
Wow! Look at you. You are SUCH an awesome mom to do all that for her. She's a lucky girl! I love that she wants to wear dresses everyday! So cute. Your picture at the top of your blog is adorable! Great of all of you. Sorry to hear about you not being able to use your computer, but glad you're back to bloggin!
Post a Comment