Elsie had her first dance performance this month. Well it actually was a mini performance because it was an open house in her dance studio. At first I did not like the idea of not having a professional performance, but after I thought it was a brilliant idea. They were able to show their dance two times (it gave the girls more than one chance to show off), and also what the girls would practice in class on a regular basis. In the spring they do an actual recital so I will be excited to see how Elsie will do on a big stage.
Getting ready for the performance Elsie was so excited to put on makeup. She kept saying after I put makeup on her "now I'm very beautiful." I was so excited to see if she would actually do the dance or be too shy. I thought she did a great job. Of course at times she stopped and would wave, but really was just darling.
The class was a 3-4 ballet/tap class. Everyone was 4 and some were really close to 5 so Elsie was by far the youngest and smallest:)
The class was a 3-4 ballet/tap class. Everyone was 4 and some were really close to 5 so Elsie was by far the youngest and smallest:)



No comments:
Post a Comment