I cannot believe that I get to spend each day with 2 of the most special kids. Although, there are times throughout the day I feel frustrated I know these are the times I will miss forty years down the road.
My brilliant, tender hearted, gorgeous, and witty first born amazes me everyday. Her keen mind picks up on every action or word around her and can easily mimic adult conversations and phrases. About a month ago she put her arms around me gave me a kiss and said, " mom you are the best mom in the world and you are so so beautiful." My heart melted. This girl can pick up on vocabulary far beyond her age level. When I came home from my New York trip on our way home from the airport she said, "oh mom your ring is exquisite!" Seriously, where does a 2 year old pick up on that word and use it in the correct context? She told me she learned it from Sesame Street. In relief society today we talked about really listening to our children and being a good example to them. I can say Elsie is a talker and has always been a talker from very early on. Her pediatrician even commented at her 6 month appointment and predicted she would be a busy talker. This is true. At 20 months she could recite the entire Pledge of Allegance, ABC's, and count to 20. I often tune her out because honestly, she can talk all day long. I need to be better to listen to this incredible girl cause she has a lot to say and I want her to know I truly care about her and she can talk to me about anything. Lately, Elsie uses words and phrases like hilarious, spectacular, exquisite, frustrating, when I get married in the temple like you and dad, ginormous, no thank you I'm fine thanks though, I need the card to pay, and so many more that I cannot remember right now. Needless to say our daughter is entertaining and so much fun to be around. It is never dull with Elsie around. I love her so much and am grateful for her and hope she will be an good example to our other children.

My adorable, loving, quietly determined, and particularly sweet son honestly makes me crumble into pieces for my love for him. He is often in the shadow because of his sweet and easy going demenor (especially next to his fireball sis), yet radiates such a strong and powerful spirit. I have always known this little guy would be very special.... not only to me but many others throughout his life. The first thing I remember about him is our special time just him and I in the hospital and holding his long and delicate fingers. I instantly fell in love and I have a special place in my heart for him. He has taken longer to accomplish most of the milestones, but that just means that I get to have more time with him as a baby and cherish all of those special moments before he becomes his own person and wants nothing to do with his mama. Lately, my most favorite thing he does is when I hug him he puts his hand on my back, pats it a few times, and then rubs his hand in a circle as if he is comforting and showing his love for me. Oh I absolutely love it! He is the fastest crawler! He now cruises all around the house even if it means walking along the walls. He wants to walk so badly, but his balance is just not quite there yet. It is coming though. Once he walks I have a feeling he will be all over the place and will be hard to contain. Boston does a lot of screaming since he does not quite have his language skills perfected yet. He actually thinks it is funny to scream. The sound of it makes him laugh. Bos loves to push his head into Tiger. This makes him just laugh and laugh. His favorite activites include swinging, playing in the water faucets, eating, playing with his sis and using his walker. It makes him feel big! He loves his sis so much. When Elsie walks into the room his face lights up. These kids just love laughing and playing together. They will be lucky to have each other as best friends throughout their lives. 


My brilliant, tender hearted, gorgeous, and witty first born amazes me everyday. Her keen mind picks up on every action or word around her and can easily mimic adult conversations and phrases. About a month ago she put her arms around me gave me a kiss and said, " mom you are the best mom in the world and you are so so beautiful." My heart melted. This girl can pick up on vocabulary far beyond her age level. When I came home from my New York trip on our way home from the airport she said, "oh mom your ring is exquisite!" Seriously, where does a 2 year old pick up on that word and use it in the correct context? She told me she learned it from Sesame Street. In relief society today we talked about really listening to our children and being a good example to them. I can say Elsie is a talker and has always been a talker from very early on. Her pediatrician even commented at her 6 month appointment and predicted she would be a busy talker. This is true. At 20 months she could recite the entire Pledge of Allegance, ABC's, and count to 20. I often tune her out because honestly, she can talk all day long. I need to be better to listen to this incredible girl cause she has a lot to say and I want her to know I truly care about her and she can talk to me about anything. Lately, Elsie uses words and phrases like hilarious, spectacular, exquisite, frustrating, when I get married in the temple like you and dad, ginormous, no thank you I'm fine thanks though, I need the card to pay, and so many more that I cannot remember right now. Needless to say our daughter is entertaining and so much fun to be around. It is never dull with Elsie around. I love her so much and am grateful for her and hope she will be an good example to our other children.

My adorable, loving, quietly determined, and particularly sweet son honestly makes me crumble into pieces for my love for him. He is often in the shadow because of his sweet and easy going demenor (especially next to his fireball sis), yet radiates such a strong and powerful spirit. I have always known this little guy would be very special.... not only to me but many others throughout his life. The first thing I remember about him is our special time just him and I in the hospital and holding his long and delicate fingers. I instantly fell in love and I have a special place in my heart for him. He has taken longer to accomplish most of the milestones, but that just means that I get to have more time with him as a baby and cherish all of those special moments before he becomes his own person and wants nothing to do with his mama. Lately, my most favorite thing he does is when I hug him he puts his hand on my back, pats it a few times, and then rubs his hand in a circle as if he is comforting and showing his love for me. Oh I absolutely love it! He is the fastest crawler! He now cruises all around the house even if it means walking along the walls. He wants to walk so badly, but his balance is just not quite there yet. It is coming though. Once he walks I have a feeling he will be all over the place and will be hard to contain. Boston does a lot of screaming since he does not quite have his language skills perfected yet. He actually thinks it is funny to scream. The sound of it makes him laugh. Bos loves to push his head into Tiger. This makes him just laugh and laugh. His favorite activites include swinging, playing in the water faucets, eating, playing with his sis and using his walker. It makes him feel big! He loves his sis so much. When Elsie walks into the room his face lights up. These kids just love laughing and playing together. They will be lucky to have each other as best friends throughout their lives. 





1 comment:
Wow she sure does use big words, I bet you she would love Fancy Nancy....where everything is fancy...they are the cuttest books ever! Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment