Saturday, March 27, 2010

Midway

Over Martin Luther King Day my brother, Stuart and his wife Thi rented a beautfiul house up in Midway for our entire family. They were so generous! It was an amazing house and big enough for our entire family to fit comfortably in. I think Justin's favorite room was the theater room. If I could not find him anywhere he would be there.
My niece, Hallie, and I going for a snowmobil ride. Some of my nieces Emma, Sylvie, and Kate.

Elsie ready to play in the snow.
On one of our snowmobil rides my mom was following me and I was following Stuart. I had to keep stopping and wait for my mom and niece to catch up. There was one of the times when we were going down the mountain Hallie and I had to wait particularly long time. We debated going back up the mountain to find them. We eventually turned around along with my brother to look for my mom and Allie. We found them near the top walking down the trail. Immediatley my heart sunk. Around one of the corners my mom said the snowmobil would not stop and they slid off of the trail which was very steep. My niece was able to jump off in time, but my mom stayed on and hit her head on a tree. Her head was bleeding badly. The only thing stopping the snowmobil from going down the steep hill was the tree. They left the snowmobil and started walking down the mountain. My dad actually had to find a snowcat to pull the snowmobil out. I ended up taking my mom to the ER to get checked out. She was definitley in shock. Everything ended being ok. I sure was scared though.
Later on our trip we had a family testimony meeting. It was such an amazing expereince because I had never heard my nieces and nephews share their testimonies. I know it is a special moment my family will never forget.

No comments: