This past weekend I went to LA with my mom, sisters, and sister in-laws without our children! This was my first time leaving Elsie overnight let alone for a whole weekend. It was so fun much and Elsie did so great with Justin:) I missed her so much, but it was also great for me to get some time with the girls. First off I want to thank Justin for taking work off on Friday and never complain about me going once. I am so grateful for him and that he is so wonderful with Elsie. I know Elsie enjoyed having a lot of one on one time with her daddy.Here is a picture of us shopping. It goes me, my sister in-law Jenni, sister-in-law Karyn, below my new sister in-law to be Thi, sister Alison, mom, and sister Jenn.

On our trip we went to the Fashion District in downtown LA. I really did not know what to expect, but I had heard it was amazing. It is in downtown LA and a really ghetto area. There are a lot of interesting people there, but the deals are UNREAL! We pretty much shopped there for 2 straight days all day long. I usually do not like to shop a whole lot, but when you are around so many good deals and can actually buy some things I really got excited. I bought quite a bit there for cheap. A lot of these stores sell to the boutiques and stores all around the nation and mark it up 75%! Now I understand what a rip off the mall is in many stores. I got cute shoes for $5.99 and they sell the exact shoes at Forever Young for $25. They are not the high end quality, but I do not need high quality for shoes that may not be in style for a long time and fun colors that cannot be worn with every outfit. So this was perfect for me.

We also ate at so many great restaurants. One of my favorite places in Westwood, near UCLA, is Diddy Riese. It is a ice cream and cookie shop that we go to just about every time we go to California. The line is always out of their shop and down the sidewalk, but it is worth the wait. My favorite is 2 white chocolate chip cookies with Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream in between. Oh it is so yummy! This is a picture of my sister Alison, Jenn, and Me at my favorite cookie shop.






5 comments:
I am so jealous!!! What a great time. You had everything you need.... shopping, nice weather, girl time, and a break from being a mom. Sounds like a blast!!
i agree with andria your so lucky lol
I'm glad you got to get away, sounds like a lot of fun! Especially since you'll be busy with 2 little ones soon... you look cute.
FUN! I'm so jealous!!! I'll have to go there one of these days.
Oh man I am SO jealous! I love California and I could use a girls trip right about now. Looks like you had such a great time and that cookie and ice cream looks to die for! Next time I'm there I will definitely check that out :)
Post a Comment