Friday, February 27, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Last night Elsie and I went to the Draper Temple Dedication with my parents, sister in-law Jenni, and some of her kids. Justin was out of town so I hung out with my parents. It was a fun night and I enjoyed spending time with my family. The Draper Temple is so amazing! The tour was so well organized and the church certainly went to a lot of work to make it pleasant for everyone including homes around the temple. The walk you take to get inside was covered in large white tents with heaters inside so you do not have to stand out in the cold. My two favorite rooms were the Bride's Room and the Celestial Room. The chandliers and the sconces were amazing! It was such a fun experience even though Elsie did not want to cooperate. Her favorite part of the night was the bus ride and the cookies and shakes afterward:) I heard the church spent one million dollars just on providing cookies for everyone who goes through the tour! That is crazy!

3 comments:

Andria said...

We loved the temple too. That is so nice that you could spend time with your family too!!

Stacey said...

I can't wait to go! I have heard such wonderful things. When I was reading your post, the place I scrolled down to didn't show Elsie, and I thought the top of the flowers in her hair was your dads tie! Funny.

the watkins said...

It is such a pretty little temple. Glad you had a good time with your family! We should hang out soon.