Monday, December 1, 2008

What a wonderful life!

With Thanksgiving and all I have been pondering a lot about life. I have so much gratitude for the blessings and the trials I have. I know that everything happens for a reason either for growing experiences or to lead us on a path that we would have never gone on without a little push. There are so many people around me who have been tried over and over and just by watching how they deal with their trials is inspiration to me. I once heard a quote that makes me think about this. I don't know who said it and it is not word for word, but it basically says that our true self or character comes out in times of sorrow or grief. This hit me so hard because it is so true. When times are good it is easy to serve others and be happy, but if we serve others and are grateful in hard times it says so much more about our character. I know I have so much to learn and so much to improve on, but I am grateful for those around me who inspire me to be a better person by their example. There are so many of you out there who do good constantly and are always so thoughtful. Thank you for being who you are and teaching me:)
I thought I would share what I am grateful for in my life.

I am grateful for....

*my husband who is such a hard worker, a wonderful father and husband, and holds the priesthood.
*my little sweet and adorable Elsie who brings so much joy into my life and reminds me of how Christ teaches us to be as a little child.
*my parents for teaching me about Christ, sacrificing everything for the church, and have taught me what is most important in life.
*my family who has always been there for me.
*Justin's parent's and family who have been so accepting and for having raised a great man who would always put the Lord first.
*Justin's job. I am grateful that he loves his work and works in a good environment.
*our home and all of the basic necessities that we take for granted everyday.
*the opportunity I have to be at home with Elsie. I often feel like I do not accomplish a lot throughout the day, but I know I am where I am supposed to be.
*the hard times in life that teach us to be grateful for what we have and pull us closer to Christ.

3 comments:

Andria said...

Such a nice post!! Thanks for reminding me about all the things I am thankful for too!!

Jenny said...

So now that I have my own account I can comment so I just thought I'd say hi. When do you find out what baby #2 is? You took down your little ticker and now I'm lost :)

THE HAGES said...

Hi Angie,

I cant believe the last time I saw you, you had just had Elsie. She is so cute! Oh and congrats on the new little bundle! I am so excited I found your blog, it has been years since we have had contact. I am so glad to see you are doing great!