
We went to the Festival of Trees last week which was fun but also very sad. I could not help reading the plaques beside many trees about the description of who the tree was dedicated to and feel sad. There were so many trees dedicated to little babies who did not have the chance to live or only lived for a short time. My heart ached for so many of those who lost loved ones. The Festival of Trees is such an amazing fundraiser for the Primary Children's Hospital. I am amazed that every penny goes to the fundraiser. There are so many volunteers that give so much time and money.

I have always loved the Festival of Trees. This was the first year in about 10 years that I was not either performing or watching my dance classes perform. My life has certainly changed over the past year. Pretty much all of my time goes to Elsie. Sometimes I miss teaching dance and being in the "real working world" but this will only be for a short time I am grateful I get to be home. I was in the kitchen and was looking to see what Elsie was doing. I found her sitting in our end table drawer! I was nervous that it was going either tip over or break and so I don't let her sit in it anymore, but I had to take a couple pictures because it was so funny.




10 comments:
I love the picture of her looking outside, it is so cute! I feel the same way about the festival of treees! It is so beautiful, and I love looking around, but I always cry....it is really quite sad.
Cute pictures! We thought the Festival of Trees was great, but sad, like you thought. We hit Thanksgiving point last night and we agree with you on that one too. The reindeer were free and the kids enjoyed that more than the lights! Oh well, lesson learned. Elsie sure is a cutie...it is fun to see what she gets into. :)
I also love the Festival of Trees. It always put the true meaning of Christmas in perspective for me. Elsie is such a darling little girl. It is so fun to watch them experience Christmas lights for the first time.
I love the look on her face in the drawer pic. She is so cute. We need to get together soon! Miss you!
Cute Pictures! Thanks for meeting us for lunch. It was fun to get out. We will have to get together after Christmas too, while I am still out of school.
So cute! I love the picture of her at the window. I haven't been to the festival of trees for ages... I should go back. I think the last time was when I was still in dance performing there!
So cute! Ky loves the lights too, it's so fun now that he can get excited about these things. How are you feeling?
Hey this is Beth... Yea I Found your blog! Send me your email and I will invite you to our blog so you can view it. Send it to bradbosborne@yahoo.com
Oh Little Elsie is so cute! She was so funny at the festival of trees with all of her little oooo's and Aaaahs :) I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
I am so happy you commented on my blog. Yours is so adorable!!!! Your little girl is so cute. I am so sad I haven't seen her in person. She looks so much like you. I can't believe we are this old. I miss everyone so much.
Post a Comment