Monday, October 13, 2008

Chocolate covered cinnamon bears, dog food, Trianchilas, and Birthdays

Ok so we went to St. George a couple weekends ago and I put Elsie down for a nap in her pack and play next to the night stand. I laid her down, turned on the monitor and walked out. I happened to have a bag of candy at the back of the night stand. About five minutes later I heard some rustling noises on the monitor. I thought Elsie must be rolling around, still trying to get comfortable. After it went on for a couple minutes I knew something was not right. I went to go check on her and she had pulled the bag of candy off of the nightstand and she was eating the gummy bears!!! The only sugar she has had so far is vanilla ice cream so I was pretty nervous! She had taken a single bite of a couple chocolate covered cinnamon bears. I was so glad she didn't choke or get sick! I was pretty stressed!
Elsie has also started to enjoy Tiger's dog food! I keep his bowls in the other room away from us. However, when Tiger eats he likes to carry it to our family room and eat it little by little. Elsie follows him and grabs his food as soon as he spits it out! Yuck!!! This is so gross and she keeps on doing it! I have tried to stop this, but it seems like she wants it more when I get mad at her for eating it!


Also, while we were down in St. George we found a trianchila in the backyard of my in-law's house. It was so scary!!!! They are huge! I was so glad Tiger did not find it and try to eat it!


Mine and Justin's birthday are really close together so I decided to combine the posts. Justin gave me some gorgeous flowers and an awesome camera. I was so excited about this because our camera before seemed to always take blurry pictures. That night my parent's watched Elsie and we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. It was so yummy! For Justin's birthday I gave him some jeans and some shoes that he saw at Nordstroms and fell in love with. I showed up at his work that day with a cake and balloons and then we went to Granatos for lunch. We went to Texas Roadhouse and miniture golfing that night to celebrate. Happy Birthday Justin! Thanks for everything you do for our family. We are so lucky to have you! We love you!



4 comments:

Andria said...

Welcome to the world of kids and candy. Once they taste it they never go back!! I can't believe that spider. I hate spiders. Happy birthday to both of you!!

Madsen Family said...

I can't believe you found that spider. how scary! that is so cute about elsie and the candy!

Stacey said...

Michael trys to eat the cat food...if you figure out how to stop her let me know! It has gotten better now that he is older.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear all was safe with the candy! Ky has only had ice cream also so I can see how you were worried! That spider gives me nightmares, I didn't think Utah had tirantulas. I am going to pretend we don't :) So cute what you did for Justin. Don't you love spoilin' our hubbies?