Monday, May 5, 2008

Enjoying the warm weather!



Well today Elsie, Tiger, and I went for a walk on this glorious spring day. Towards the end of the walk Tiger was tired and kept stopping and Elsie was sleeping. I guess a combination of the walking and the warmth was making them tired! I am absolutley loving the warm weather! Every time we walk outside Elsie smiles and starts kicking her feet to show her excitement as well!

In young womens yesterday we had a girl stand and bear her testimony and it really struck something inside of me. She spoke of her mother not being married in the temple and teaching her the gospel. She and her brother now live with her grandma who brings them to church every week. Because of her grandma who knows how important the church is, these teenagers are now on a completely different (and much better) path. She described her feelings of how much her mother's choices have affected her and hurt her. She just received a blessing talking about how she must get married in the temple because it is so important. It broke my heart to think that there are children in this world who's mothers would not give their heart and soul to their children.
Since Mother's Day is approaching I want to thank my mother, and mother in-law for being the absolute best mothers that they could be for Justin and I. Where would we be without them? I just hope that I can return the favor by being there for Elsie and my other future children.... and have the love continue down our family line. Also, to all of my grandmothers, sisters, and friends who are awesome examples to me to do what is right! Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

It was so fun to see you out yesterday! I love the summer when we all come out and visit again.

You are already such an amazing mother, all of your children will forever be grateful for your example. (I know I am!)

the watkins said...

That is so sweet. It made me teary, I'm not hormonal at all !!! I love Elsie's cute sun hat! It will be perfect for Lake Powell! Just kidding, no pressure!

Wendy said...

I love your blog! I found it from Stacey's. The pictures are so fun to see. Your daughter is beautiful and getting so big. Congrats on graduation.

Madsen Family said...

Cute blog! I love looking at everyone's pics, it is fun to see all the different styles. I like how you have wedding pics on there, what a great idea. =)