Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My first trip to Maui

So my brother Stuart, and his wife Thi decided to take their family to Maui for Spring Break and he ending up inviting those who could make it in my family. We thought it was a once in lifetime opportunity so decided to go.....and go kidless. We figured our kids had just been on a Disney Cruise, the airline tickets are so expensive, and Justin and I could use some time without the kiddos. We so enjoyed this vacation. It was hard to come back to reality! We were super excited to see our kids. We so appreciated Chris and Heidi for taking such good care of them! They had a lot of fun in St. George with their cousins.
This is the crazy amazing house we stayed in. The neighborhood is full of high profile celebrities' homes. The actual house has been on America's Top Model and the property manager was telling us all of the celebrities that have stayed at this house.


We all were tired trying to adjust to the 4 hour time change. Here is my brother Stuart, niece Allie, and Justin snoozing away.
My gorgeous sister in law Thi, and adorable niece Elle.Isn't this water amazing?!!!!Every single day we were there we got Hawaiian Ice.... seriously amazing. I cannot even compare it to the snow cone places I have tried. With coconut ice cream at the bottom, amazing flavors that actually have the fruit puree in them, and a sweetened condensed milk and cococut flavor are just fabulous!!
We went on a family hike and the scenery was absolutely spectacular!
We went Humpback Whale Watching one of the days and it was so incredible. We saw these whales a lot and so close to our boat! This is something I have always wanted to do and it was as amazing as I thought it would be!
Here are just a few of the amazing creations we saw on our trip.

1 comment:

the watkins said...

Amazing pictures! I loved catching up on your blog.