Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning with little kids is the absolute best! So far this has been our earliest Christmas morning. Elsie was so excited she woke up around 7:45.... other years we have started opening presents around 10 or so because we all sleep in. I loved getting up earlier and seeing the excitement in our kids eyes right when they wake up (well at least Elsie, Boston is still a little too young to grasp the whole concept.) We were all spoiled and got a lot more than we ever need. We had a smaller Christmas this year because last year Elsie got way too overwhelmed with all of the stuff last year. We decided to do things differently. It worked out much better:) This is also our first Christmas having our basement finished. We put our tree downstairs and had so much more room:) I loved having it downstairs because I did not feel like I had to hurry and clean up the mess right away because it was not in our normal living space. The basement has been perfect for all of the toys!
The kids both got an outfit with shoes and socks, books, candy, Boston got a Thomas the Train set, another train, firetruck, and Elsie got a Bell dress (the only thing she kept asking Santa for), pretend food, and a barbie. Like I said.... more than they would ever need. Instead of Santa buying or I guess making a lot of different toys for our kids he decided to put most of it into one big present for the both of them. We figured it is big enough for the both of them so they hopefully will not fight over it. They were so excited! Elsie's favorite thing is to make hot chocolate and then bring it to us to do "cheers"and frying eggs, and Boston loves the microwave, the phone, and pretending to eat all of the pretend food. This has been a lot of fun to have for them to use their creative energy:)
Our basement looked pretty crazy after Christmas morning was over.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love the pictures of them playing in the kitchen together!! Glad you had a fabulous Christmas!

I totally noticed your super cute lima bean wreath in the background;)

Oh ya, I've been meaning to tell you how beautiful your family picture is! I love it!!